Meet the Women Who Run the Class of 2025!

Sophia Alpert, Staff Writer

The class of 2025 is run entirely by impressive female students. These students lead a lot of behind-the-scenes work to provide WHS students with a fun school year filled with events. The 2025 class council comprises Kayleen Mukire, Aimee Le, Leanne Jeanty, and Jessica Quaranto. It is important to recognize hard-working female students all year round but especially during Women’s History Month!

The class of 2025 is run entirely by impressive female students.

— Sophia Alpert

President 

The 2025 class president is Kayleen Mukire. Peers describe Mukire as “hardworking and attentive.”Aside from being class president, she is a part of the Black Student Union, Revolutionary Equity Council, Programing Club, and Ceramics Club. She is also a WPY Mental Health Internship peer leader and a varsity athlete. When asked what attracted her to run for president Mukire stated, “I really wanted to help the class and bring fun events for the kids who don’t look forward to school.” She hopes to bring the class together and relieve the stress students face. Mukire wants readers to know that “things are at work and we are trying our best to make events as enjoyable as possible.”

Vice President

The 2025 vice president is Aimee Le. Le is a part of the Asian Student Union, Ceramics Club, WPY Mental Health Internship, and Environmental Club. She also runs track and plays volleyball. Le says class president Kayleen Mukire inspired her to run for the position. Le expresses she is most proud of, “the bake sale we hosted. I was excited because we raised a lot of money for the class.”  Le hopes to raise more money to plan future events. 

Secretary

Leanne Jeanty is the 2025 class secretary. Jeanty is described as someone who “always tries her best.” She is also part of the Black Student Union and Revolutionary Equity Council. Jeanty was inspired by her friends to run for secretary. She wants readers to know, “I am very proud of all we have accomplished, please vote for me next year!” 

Treasurer 

The class of 2025 treasurer is Jessica Quaranto. Peers describe Quaranto as “intelligent and kind.” Aside from being treasurer, she is a part of the Ceramics Club and Spanish Club. She also runs track and cross country. Quaranto states she ran for treasurer because, “I’m good at math and wanted to apply my knowledge to help my peers.” She hopes that the class of 2025 has a fun year and she urges readers to vote for her next year!